Proverbs 31.org

P31 OBS Blog Hop

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Made To Crave!!!

I am doing a online bible study through proverb31.org  Made to Crave bible study It is the first time I have done a bible study on line.  I am so enjoying it.  Today it asked us to write our favorite verse. I have many favorite verses.  The verse of the week was Psalms 84 :2  My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.  We had to do verse mapping which led me to this verse. Psalms 73:26 My flesh, and my heart may fail, but God is the strength, of my heart and my portion forever.  This verse really touched my heart.  That will be my verse throughout this study.  It is God who will give me the strength because my flesh will fail and he will guide my portions.  I know portions could mean a lot here.  However, I am going to say it deals with my portions regarding food.  That is what reached out to me today.  We go to God for many things but rarely to we go to him regarding our food choices. I am learning that scripture deals with food many times throughout the bible.  I Corinthians 10:23 Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial!!! Wow, that verse speaks volumes. My body is the temple of God and I need to remember that when I eat.  I need to change my habit in eating.  It is with God's strength and grace that I will.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post! The thought of things being permissible but not beneficial really resonated with me as well and THANK YOU for the reminder that our bodies are the temples of God. Wow! Such powerful things to ponder today. Thank you for blessing me with your words!

    ReplyDelete