Proverbs 31.org

P31 OBS Blog Hop

Friday, August 6, 2010

Tennis Balls, Anyone?

Tennis ball
So, I am standing in line at a department store.  Some ladies behind me have their child's school supply list.  Something I don't have yet!!!  They were wondering why they had to buy tennis balls.  I knew immediately why.  So I turned to tell them they would be used to put on the bottom  of the students chair legs.  I said it saves on the floor and children moving their desks so much.  They did not like the idea.  They immediately replied " Doesn't the school buy anything anymore?"  I turned with a smile and said "Yes, they do." I could tell by the look on their face they knew I was with a school system. That was my clue to turn around and let them complain and be quiet.  The fact is we don't have as much money as we use to have.  We have to let valuable employees go because we can't afford to pay them.  So, please don't complain about having to buy a package of tennis balls!! Parents do have to supply alot more than they use to but that is just the way it is.  Teachers, also spend alot of their own money on their students.  Someone is always going to be unhappy about buying school supplies. Just wait until you have to buy college supplies.  You will be wishing you were buying tennis balls!!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment