Proverbs 31.org

P31 OBS Blog Hop

Friday, December 31, 2010

He Leads Us by Max Lucado

 Psalm 119:105 Your word is like a lamp for my feet and a light for my path, Max Lucado says,"God isn’t going to let you see the distant scene. So you might as well quit looking for it. He promises a lamp unto our feet, not a crystal ball into the future. We do not need to know what will happen tomorrow. We only need to know He leads us and we will find grace to help us when we need it."  Wow, Mr. Lucado certainly does put it in perspective for us. I am so glad I have his word to lead me.  His grace is never ending.  So as I go into the new year I am going to be sure I allow God to lead.  I need to listen. God calls for his people to listen. Psalm 81:8-16  As Charles Stanley puts it in one of his devotionals Learning to Listen to God  We sometimes miss out on his blessing because we don't listen. Prayer is important but what if we just sat with out Bibles opened and listened to God waiting to hear what he has to say.  Psalm 46:10  "Be still and know that I am God".  That is such a powerful verse to me.  There have been times in my life when the Lord has said just that to me.

As Mr. Stanley, goes on to say not only do we need to listen but we must have discernLetment to understands what he is saying.   "He’s not the only one who wants our attention. People around us readily offer us advice, Satan whispers his lies in our minds, and the world shouts loudly from almost every electronic device and form of media. Grounding in the Scriptures sharpens our discernment and protects us from deception."  He is so right!!  Make sure you are grounded in the scriptues.  Let God be your anchor! Allow time to talk to God but make sure you also take time to listen. A two way conversation is vital part of the Christian walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment