Proverbs 31.org

P31 OBS Blog Hop

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Love your Enemies

Matthew 5:43-46 (New American Standard Bible) 43"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' 44"But I say to you, (love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? This can be so hard. God shows his love to people without distinction. When I pray for people I do not care for I am filled with a geniune love for them. Something I didn't think I would feel. In Charles Stanley's Bible Study Treasures of the Heart He reminds us that we are not at war with people but with humans Eph 6:12 The following parable shows the best example of loving your neighbor Luke 10:30-37 He goes on to tell us that "Jews looked down on Samaritans because they had intermarried with pagans and allowed incorrect theology to seep into their religion. No Jew would expect help from such a person, an enemy. Yet in this story, the Samaritan man shows the most compassion on a Jewish traveler. " I need to more like the Samaritan. Too many times I let other things get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment