Proverbs 31.org

P31 OBS Blog Hop

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A New Approach

What a beautiful day it was today!!!  The air was crisp and the sun was shining!  Perfect weather for the end of the week.  What a week it was!!! Spring has sprung in the classroom.  I had someone cut a hold in my tablecloth.  I was not happy to say the least.  My principal told the parent  they should give me $5.00 towards it.  This is much less than what I paid for it.  Boy, let me tell you that parent came right up the next day to say her child said they did not do it.  This is after her child told me and the principal they did it.  So finally the child admitted the truth to Mom.  I tried all year to get this parent in for a conference.  They are told they have to pay $5.00 for replacement of something their child did and boy do they come flying in.  Maybe, I can work this to my advantage so I can get some  more parents in.:)!!

The child did not have a side when I went to school.  What the teacher said was gold. In my house we didn't think about messing up because we knew the consequence would far out way any pleasure we would have in doing the deed.  Wow, have we changed.  I am reminded of a story a co-worker told me.  She got in trouble once in school.  Her Dad took away her bike.  He just didnt take it away from her.  He took it apart, piece by piece.  When she got a good report she would get a pedal back, then a wheel and so on.  I have to admit I had never heard anything like that before.   I thought my Dad was tough!  I thank God for my Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment